Safe & Secure
Recover Missing Files on Mac
Mac operating system is known for its graphical user interface developed by Apple and being built upon UNIX platform. Though, it is considered as the most robust operating system available today. Mac OS is credited with popularizing the graphical user interface including all easy to use features. Latest versions of Macintosh provides backup application i.e. Time Machine that provides seamless backups.
Alike Windows OS, Mac OS is also not immune from data loss. Most of the Apple users across the globe are facing the same problem of data loss. In case of Mac OS, data gets lost majorly due to one of the corruption issues. For example, if the file system gets corrupted then the file becomes inaccessible resulting in loss of file. Similarly, there are many corruption issues which are accountable for loss of files from the Mac system’s hard drive. But there is a possibility you can recover your missing files back to your system using Mac missing files recovery software. This software also helps to restore missing Microsoft Word document after getting error messages.
Scenarios responsible for missing files on Mac OS X:
- Emptying Trash: The main cause of file deletion from Mac OS system is emptying trash completely without proper scanning prior deleting unwanted files or when it bypasses the size limit of trash. Alike Recycle Bin, all the important files from Trash can be unerased at any point of time if the file is physically present in the Trash but if it gets deleted due to accidental file deletion reason then you need to unerase it by using best Mac file unerase software.
- Loss of file due to defrag failure: Defragmentation can be a reason for file loss. If the process of defragmentation gets interrupted due to any logical reason then there are chances that the files may get lost from that particular volume. Defrag failure takes place generally due to system error or hardware malfunctioning.
- Catalog and Journal file corruption: Corruption of Catalog files and Journal files can also lead to data loss. These are the crucial components of the volume metadata as they keep a record of every single modification done to the Mac file system. Once the catalog file or journal file gets corrupted, the entire file stored in a particular volume gets inaccessible resulting in loss of file on a massive scale.
- Volume header corruption: Volume header contains all the essential details about a particular volume such as space availability, date of last modification, file size, etc. Generally volume header gets corrupted due to improper system shut down, sudden power surge, disk failure, etc. Moreover, if you use any third party volume header editing software then also the header of the volume gets corrupted. Volume header corruption leads to the inaccessibility of the files resulting in loss of files.
Precautionary steps to avoid missing files on Macintosh:
Do not store any new files to the same volume from where you have lost your files. If you do so, the lost files will get overwrite by the new files. This overwriting procedure reduces the chances of recovery of lost files.
Use best and renowned Mac missing file recovery tool in order to recover missing files in a healthy condition. It is necessary that you must select only that file recovery tool which provides the guarantee of 100% safe and healthy recovery of file. In addition to this, use the demo version of the missing file recovery tool in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the software.
Features of missing files recovery on Mac operating system:
- Easily recover missing files from those volumes of Mac operating system which fails to mount and can also helps to recover missing partition from Leopard, Snow Leopard and Mac Lion.
- It’s extremely advanced scanning engine quickly wonder how to recover missing files from inaccessible volumes.
- It supports recovery of files from HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT32 partitions / volumes.
- Special built-in algorithms help to locate and retrieve missing music files from Mac volumes.
- It provides the preview option to evaluate its working excellence on the basis of the recovery results.
How to recover missing files Mac?
Step 1: Download and install free demo version of Mac missing files recovery software. Once software is launched in your system, select “RECOVER FILES” from main window.
Step 2: From next screen select “RECOVER LOST FILES” to recover missing files Mac. Select the particular volume from where you need to recover. Software starts scanning.
Step 3: You can preview the recovered file in the list of “FILE TYPE VIEW / DATA VIEW”.